Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Avocado Milkshake

One of my favorite naturally Vegan foods that is also one of the most delectable in its simplest forms yet endless in its applications is the avocado. I often times just cut one in half, sprinkle a little Himalayan Sea Salt on it (perhaps a little lemon juice), and enjoy. I could probably eat one every day.

So, my first comfort food is inspired by the avocado: the Avocado Milkshake. I am also a huge fan of recipes that are healthy yet are quick and easy to make. This recipe certainly fits that.

Avocado Milkshake

Ingredients:
1 ripe avocado, chopped
1 can light coconut milk*
1 cup frozen mango/pineapple**

Steps:
1. Put avocado, light coconut milk (or non-dairy milk of choice), and frozen fruit in blender
2. Blend until smooth
3. Enjoy!

* I have enjoyed a similar version with rice milk that was delicious as well. So, you may be able to use any non-dairy milk that you wish or have on hand.
** I wanted to use natural sugar instead of refined so I chose to use fruit. You can substitute any sweetener that you wish to taste. You may also substitute any fruit that you want, fresh or frozen.  However, if you do not use frozen fruit, I would add ice.



© 2014 A Helping of Wellness All Rights Reserved



5 comments:

  1. I love avocado in smoothies. One of my favourites is almond milk, avocado, banana, orange and lemon :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the versatility of avocados. I had been skeptical about trying them in smoothies or anything sweet for a long time but, as soon as I did, I was hooked. I will be sure to try your version too. Thanks for sharing.

      Delete
  2. I have yet to try avocado in milkshakes/smoothies. Looks like I'll have to be adventurous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i bet it is super creamy and refreshing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Avocadoes are so good in smoothies! Could they be any creamier?

    ReplyDelete