Tuesday, September 9, 2014

5 Minute Healthy Comfort Meals: Lentil Soup with Rice

Lentil Soup with Rice is a 5 minute extremely easy yet healthy and delicious Vegan dinner recipe. It is very basic complete meal but you can add more vegetables or toppings like seaweed and chopped nuts. This is definitely my go to meal especially after a long day like these past few days have been...

You see, my goal for Vegan MoFo, like most I suppose, was a lofty one but, at least when I initially signed up, was one I thought I could easily attain with hard work. The goal: I planned on writing a blog post a day despite this being my first blog. Well, by the end of August, many new and very unexpected opportunities came my way including getting a full-time job and starting an educational course of study. I eventually want to start my own wellness business so, when I discovered a local college was offering an entrepreneurial certificate, I dove in head first. So, last week and this week was when all of this started or got into full swing and, naturally, I became a bit overwhelmed with it all. But, please, if you have enjoyed my posts, hang in there with me. I spent a lot of time last weekend to get this week's blog posts ready because I am still planning at least 20 but shooting for 30 posts by the end of September. At this point, I am re-organized and re-energized for the rest of September. 




Lentil Soup with Rice

Ingredients:
1 can Amy's brand Lentil soup
1 pouch or box of family size microwaveable rice
1 tbs coconut oil

Optional
Toppings: seaweed, chopped nuts, etc, 
Vegetables (frozen is the fastest)

Directions: 
1. Make rice according to package directions
2. Combine rice, lentil soup, and coconut oil in pan. If you are using vegetables, also include them in this step but cook frozen vegetables separately before adding them in. 
3. Heat until hot. 
4. Serve with your favorite toppings. Enjoy!  





© 2014 A Helping of Wellness All Rights Reserved 

No comments:

Post a Comment